Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Quilt

The semester is winding down, so there's just assignments and exams left and right. I needed a break today. My partner for one of my classes is expecting their child Friday, so I thought I'd do something nice and make a small quilt for the baby. I've been wanting to make a quilt for some time and this was as good of a time as any. (Also a small one to get started with!)

I stumbled across this tutorial and decided to go with it. The Road Trip Quilt from Cluck, Cluck, Sew. As it says, it really is a great quilt for a beginner.

I picked up some fabric this afternoon and got started as soon as I got home.

I didn't want too many different things going on, so six felt like a pretty good balance. This owl fabric is so cute. Look at it. Look.

From starting to cut the fabric to finishing putting the top together, it took me maybe 2 hours max. It wasn't that bad, really. A bit of shuffling pieces around so not too many were clustered in an area. A few steps later, the quilt was done. Nothing too fancy. Maybe another 2 hours. How do people feed blankets bigger than this through their machine?




It's a good thing this is crib sized.... Because I kind of want to keep it. If it were big enough for my bed, I probably would.

No comments:

Post a Comment