Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Origami - Fishtail Curler

I love origami. Modular origami is even more fun. Kusudama balls are great and come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Some are crazy, some are elegant.

I came across an image of someone's origami through Facebook. It looked really fascinating. The units used to make it are called fishtail curlers. The base is folded, but then the ends are curled. The units are assembled by locking these curls together. I made another kusudama out of normal curler units before, so I knew how this one worked. Just some different folds for a different shape.

Here's mine!
I made one. It's 30 units and 15 different colors. I used 50mm paper for this, so it's quite small yet equally awesome.





I used this diagram from this website here: http://kusudama.me/origami/gallery/Curler/Fish_curler.png%20

No comments:

Post a Comment