Friday, September 9, 2011

Things To Come?

With my RSVP rant out of the way... I'm finding that planning a wedding is not that easy - I didn't expect it to be anyway. I have no prior experience with any of this, nor do any of my friends. I am kind of winging this entire process as I go along, and I don't think I'm doing that bad. (Or that great, necessarily.)


Tablecloths were ordered and came in - It was cheaper to buy them compared to renting.
Napkins were ordered and came in - I got 11" cocktail napkins because I didn't want the giant dinner ones.
"The dress" has long since been acquired. New suit also acquired.
Bridesmaids dresses ordered (If my maid-of-honor actually put in her order)
Wine either done or on its way to being done. While I'm not big on alcohol at all, I thought the wine would be acceptable because it's homemade by my parents. :) Niagara, Concord, a mix of both, and some kind of mixed berries one.

I need to make my veil. I want to make my veil. I'll get around to that eventually. I bought the material for it already - it's just a matter of doing it.

I've been bouncing around on wedding favour ideas and think I've finally settled on one. I am going to make jam/jelly with my mother. Strawberry jam from strawberries my parents picked, and blackberry if there are some blackberries from my parents' garden that escaped the wine wrath. We have adorable 4oz canning jars ready for this project. It's all very personal, the wine and the jams. And the centerpieces if that idea goes through.

My intent is ordering flowers online to ship two days before the wedding and prep them all myself.

As for a cake, I'm leaning towards a Wal-Mart wedding cake. (Did you know they do specialty cakes?) My only problem with storebought cakes overall was the awful whipped frosting, but for the wedding cakes, you get the option of buttercream frosting. Yes, please. As long as the cake looks and tastes good, it doesn't matter where it's from. In the end, that's all that matters. There's no reason to spend $500 on a cake. (Especially when that would be more than twice what my dress cost! Hah.)


I plan to do a review of both where I order the flowers from and of the cake. That is my intent, anyway.
I want to get as much prepped the two days before the wedding so I'm not spending that entire morning freaking out. Best laid plans of mice...

No comments:

Post a Comment